Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Saw blades and customer quilts

Yay, a finish of my own, well almost a finish, I still have a little bit of the binding to sew down on the back and add a label then I can officially say it's finished. The last photo on this post is also a quilt of mine.. I have the quilting all done so after I get the binding sewn on I will post a full picture of it. I love that fabric, I think it's Henry Glass, love his fabrics.
 
This batik quilt is absolutely beautiful.. The greens are just so striking. I did the panto called Happy Times, perfect for this one.

How pretty is this rose quilt? When the customer dropped this one off she wasn't so sure she liked it or wasn't really happy with the way it turned out BUT when she picked it up she LOVED it. I thought it was pretty all along... I have done the same thing with some of my quilts and after I quited them I loved them.. Quilting just changes the whole look of the quilt...I say it just adds to it's beauty.. you know kind of how make up does for us ladies... lol ... anyway it really is a beautiful quilt....
 
The back of the rose quilt.. I quilted Ribbon and Roses panto on it.
Really like this panto too but right now I can't remember the name of it....
Oh and tomorrow I am headed over to "To Quilt n Sew" the Dr. Seuss fabric is in and I need some of it :)
Happy sewing and thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh wonderful quilts, thanks for showing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look beautiful! I do agree that quilting really changes the look of the quilts. I have done the samething, not really liked them until after they are quilted. I also have that ribbon and roses panto but I haven't tried it yet, it looks very nice.
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilting! You really know how to pick the best designs for the quilts you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute kiddos! I especially like the colors in the first quilt, and as always, LOVE your quilting. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Your comment is greatly appreciated and I love hearing from you~