Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Rylee's first quilt

Rylee, my little grand daughter made her first quilt a few weeks ago and came last week to quilt it.. we had so much fun, we had to put chairs across the floor in front of the machine so she could reach it and have a way to walk along as quilting. She really did most of the quilting herself... she wanted some cutie stuff in some of the circles so did a cupcake, a flower and a lollipop, then she did swirls in the rest of them. She is so fun, crafty and creative. She is so proud of her quilt... Hopefully this weekend I can get the binding made and sewn on for her.
Goodness I started this little stitchery a good while ago and just remembered I had it. I only had a few things left to stitch on it so it was done in about 20 minutes, why didn't I just do it way back when, probably started something else and got side track. I'm thinking about a scrappy border or maybe just 2 small borders around it and making it a little wall hanging.

Hi Charlene... it was good talking to you yesterday!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And now a few customer quilts to share.


Enjoy your day and thanks for taking time to stop by my blog.


11 comments:

  1. How proud both of you must be. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get my granddaughter started!! She did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, thank you... I can't wait for Rylee to want to start another quilt. You and your little grand daughter will have fun with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She did a great job and look at that gorgeous smile WOW is she proud or what . Great job Rylee .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...you should be so proud of your granddaughter...what a sweet smile.

    Love the quilts you showed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Hi Barb ! (comment above) I just love her.

    Just wanted to stop by and say hello, I saw that you joined up on our mondern quilting blog for Bakersfield. I can;t wait to share all of our going ons with the community at our first meeting.

    Please feel free to contact me anytime with questions regaurding the guild or just to say hello.

    Thanks again for stopping by and I have added your blog to our blog roll

    Terri-

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just had another thought. If you want to send me some contact info for your quilting services I can add that as well to the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun project to do together! Your granddaughter looks so happy. I'm sure this is stored in her memory bank!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rylee's quilt is darling. Here comes another quilter, look out world. Your little stitchery is cute. I wonder sometimes what makes me put something like that down and not finish it. Just gets forgotten I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, can I be your granddaughter and come use your machine, too? How special for her! And has everyone else already finished their Christmas projects?

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Your comment is greatly appreciated and I love hearing from you~