Monday, September 13, 2010

Scrappy quilts and cupcakes

Ok here is my scrap quilt with what seems like a million little tiny pieces in it....I am thinking about no border... what do you all think border yes or border no?
chimichanga from the Pioneer Woman.. They turned our really good. Last week I also made some fried cheese sticks...they were Delicious, I used string cheese and pepper jack cheese... very tasty and fun.... it's like a party in your mouth :) if you get a chance go to her web site, she has some really good recipes there.... and she's funny too. I saw her on the view and she just seems so down to earth and nice.
Last week my daughter Amy came over to have her first lesson in make gum paste flowers... and these are the results... she did very well.. she made them for her little nieces birthday.


Here's Amy proudly showing them off...

oh and the cutest little cupcake of all is Molly Jean....


Oh and a Big Happy Birthday to my friend Betty H.... hope you had a wonderful day Betty...

9 comments:

  1. Wow, the scrappy quilt is amazing. I'd go for no borders. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote no borders too....it is just so pretty as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your food is killing me ....

    I vote yes...sorry Becky and Shelly, that is what is so great about quilting...we all have our own likes and dislikes and that is what makes our project unique....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here;s another Barb saying put on a border--you need to fence in all the activity of the ga-jillion little pieces. Whatever you decide, it'll be great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote no borders. It looks amazing! Beautiful cupcakes too! Did you know that Pioneer Woman has a cookbook? I have it and it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the quilt! You've done an amazing job on it. I would consider a narrow black border, like a frame. You might just lay out strips along two sides and see what it looks like. If you decide not to go for the border, I think it is fine without it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I say no border! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the quilt would look good without a border or with a simple border too. I love scrappy quilts and this is another winner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I vote no border...I like it just like it is and your quilting will breathe life into it anyway...Here's a suggestion, lay out some fabric next to it, say a black piece of fabric and make it be about 2" wide. Then lay out another piece next to it and see what you think before you make your mind up... Amy did a great job with the cupcakes, they are so cute! And your little cupcake is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Your comment is greatly appreciated and I love hearing from you~