Thursday, September 16, 2010

GO cutter and quilts

While on vacation last month this is what I purchased. I haven't really had a chance to use it till this week.... I have the circle die so I used it to make my first GO quilt. I wasn't really sure what I was going to do, I just started cutting out circles to kind of see how it all works. I had this piece of white on white fabric so I sprinkled the circles on it and sewed them on.. It looked kind of plain so I added the purple strips on it then quilted circles on it.. I think I will name it Sprinkled circles, what do you think, a good name?
Anyway this little thing really is fun to use and you can cut out a whole quilt in no time at all.
Oh I haven't sewn down the back of the binding yet so that's why it looks wonky along the edges. I just couldn't wait any longer to show it off and talk about the GO cutter.

This one I started last night and this is how far I am on it now... It was hard doing customer quilts today and not playing with the GO or not finishing this. All I need to do is trim it up and add the borders.. I have a green stripped fabric just like the blue so I will use that for a small border then I have a coordinating cupcake fabric I will use for a bigger outside border. I can't wait to get back to it. Oh and see the little scrappy circle quilt hanging over there on the side, my little granddaughter Rylee made that one this weekend, she will be over next week to quilt it, her first time on the long arm... she loves the GO cutter too... she can't wait to start her next quilt now.

Love this cupcake fabric....





4 comments:

  1. I love your circle quilt, that purple stripe is just what it needed....looks fabulous.

    Your tumbler is awesome as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That circle quilt is so cute! Looks like the Go cutter is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your circle quilt is so cute. I love the quilting on it...I'm not completely sold on the Go cutter yet. I went over to a friend's house and cut some stuff for her. She had hand surgery and couldn't cut. I cut strips for her. I can cut as fast as it did for the strips...Maybe shapes are better. I'm going to rent one from our LQS and play with it for the weekend sometime before I invest my money. I'm saving for a Longarm machine right now and I know I want that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the circle die but haven't had time to use it! Love yours-great idea!

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Your comment is greatly appreciated and I love hearing from you~