Tuesday, June 29, 2010

customer quilts

Hopefully everything is back to normal here.. oh wait, were we ever normal?
We lost my 97 year old grandpa last week so I haven't been on here much or gotten much of anything done really... He lived a good long life and was ready to go be with grandma again. I already miss him a lot...

On to the quilts now, yesterday my little granddaughter called and wanted to come over, I told her sure but I still have to work on quilting for a while... when she got here she said she was happy because she finally gets to work with me in the quilting room.... I put her to work unwinding bobbins that didn't have enough thread left on them to use... we decided that this is her summer job and she gets 25 cents for every bobbins she unwinds... she made 5.50 and was so excited about it... oh yeah she is saving for an iphone... lol she is only 7 and already wanting an iphone....

The first quilt here is what's on the machine now.. it's very cheery and bright, perfect summer time quilt I think...You can't really see the pattern I'm doing on it but I will post a picture when it's all done...

This is a nice big quilt too, it from the book "Block Explosion" I love that book... I think she made this one for a wedding gift...

This customer quilt is called Diamond Dust..... very pretty and I really like the border on it...
Here is a close up of the quilting on it...
This one I can't remember if I have posted it before or not but I found it in the photo file but don't remember posting it.. so anyway here it is, it's the X block pattern... it really is a bright pink but doesn't appear to be here...very cut quilt and cute border which doesn't really show here except very little in the bottom right corner.. I need to take better pictures I guess...
Yesterday was 106 here... today is suppose to be a couple degrees cooler but still sweltering hot.. I have to get out and run errands but going to try and get out early before it gets to hot...
Happy Quilting





6 comments:

  1. Your grand daughter is funny, saving for an iphone. But good I am glad she is saving her money. I love that Diamond Dust quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the *Diamond Dust* quilt! The fabric colors are gorgeous! And as always, your quilting *makes* the quilt! Great job! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky to have such a sweet helper and what fun things you are doing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just bragging but my grands unwind for free! I save them up and they race to see who can go the fastest. I wind fresh every couple of quilts, when they get low I put them aside to use on small quilts (I hate changing bobbin thread in the middle of a row)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for your loss. Even if our loved ones have had a long life (and 97 is a very long life for a man) and are ready to go home it's still hard for us. I too love the diamond dust quilt the best. Isn't it funny that all of our comenters agree on that. Your grand-daughter is sweet. I'd love to be able to save for an iPhone myself but I need to pay the utilities. Does she realize once she gets her phone that she will have to pay a monthly charge? She'll be unwinding bobbins until she's through University to pay for it *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilting on these quilts are to die for. It is hard to say which one i love the best!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Your comment is greatly appreciated and I love hearing from you~