Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Owl cake

Hoot hoot... it's an owl cake I made for my niece, Sherry.... She loved it of course. It's a white cake with white butter cream filling, covered in fondant and the decoration are made of fondant and gum paste. Happy Birthday Sherry!

This cake was so fun to make. I can't wait to make another cake. I still need to make a pink one.

This is a little mini cake I made a couple of weeks ago. It's just a little cupcake covered in fondant and decorated with a gum paste rose, cute and petite.
And a few cupcakes to share also. Love the pink frosting here.
Love this one!Thanks for stopping by, your visits are always appreciated and I love your comments.
Have a wonderful day and be good.

12 comments:

  1. The owl cake is so cute. Love the cup cakes. You do a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really getting in touh with your creative baking side. Those are lovely. Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cupcakes are beautiful but I really love that owl cake! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my ,are you taking orders yet ? LOL I'm sure you will be soon .These are wonderful that cake is sooo cute and the cupcakes so pretty .What a talented lady you are .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you've gone and done it now...my mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vera, these are beautiful!! What a great job. Everything looks sooo very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. giggle, I was looking at your owl and thinking I wish I new someone who collected them b/c that would make a cute applique! cw

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your owl cake. Great job as usual. Since you are interested in cake decorating, have you ever checked out www.cakewrecks.blogspot.com? She has the funniest cake wrecks during the week, and shows beautiful cakes on her blog on Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It just doesn't get any cutier than that...you must have talend oozing out of your body...can I come rub up next to you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loooove your owl cake and the mini cake is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That owl cake is too hooting cute! Love it. The cups cakes are cute too. You have gotten so good with your cakes. Love them....Do they taste as good as they look, or does anyone care? Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in awe of your creativity! Do you come up with the designs yourself? Or do they have patterns for cake decorating, much like quilt making? Either way, fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Your comment is greatly appreciated and I love hearing from you~