Friday, August 14, 2009

Pink Saturday 8/15/2009

Happy pink Saturday, hope you are all having a good weekend.
I feel like I'm still recovering from Wendy and Tyler's visit but I have been busy playing catch up on quilts so I think that's what it is.
Don't forget to go over here to Beverly's to see the rest of the pink blog ladies. I'm sure there is some cute pink stuff out there that you don't want to miss out on seeing.
This week I received two gifts. This first one is from a customer/friend. She makes some of the cutest quilts too. Isn't this too sweet and it goes great in my pink room. Look at all those perfect little stitches, thank you Fran... I love it.

Look at these yummy little cupcakes. My friend Helen gave me these little scrapbook cupcakes, cupcake earrings and a ME journal which I didn't get a picture of.
The cutest little earrings.... Thank you Helen... you are a sweetie...
In between catching up on quilting, no not really... at night after quilting I have been teaching myself how to make gum paste roses... here is what I have done so far. They are so fun to make and like quilting they are addicting.
This is the first one I made.
A few other flowers I have been playing around with also.

Don't ya just love pink roses? Thank you for stopping by and don't forget to go visit the other pink blogs. Have a blessed day.







23 comments:

  1. Lovely post and pink.
    happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy PS, Vera! I love your gum paste roses! So pretty, especially the pink one! ;)

    Have a lovely weekend!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers. You are multi-talented! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sweet pink roses! Happy PS to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your roses are just beautiful Well done. Happy PS

    ReplyDelete
  6. How totally lovely! Thanks so much for sharing this week. Raining here...again...so I needed a little bit of cheer! Pink Saturday always makes me smile, even if the sky is gray.

    Have a wonderful weekend with those you l♥ve.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful treasures you found to share with us today. I hope you are having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, love the roses, great work!! The little cupcake embellies and earrings are adorable!! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful Pink Saturday!
    xOxO, Nerina :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The embroidery is lovely and those little cupcakes are so cute. I love that rose. Gum paste?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Pink Saturday~ I love those cupcake papers. Your gum paste roses are so pretty. That's something I want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My! Happy Pink Saturday. Those roses are absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I would love to know how to make those. I will have to google that. They look so real, and just the right touch for some of those little places that need a touch of pink. Thanks again for sharing. I have signed up to follow your blog. I can't wait to see what you share next. I would love to have you follow mine as well. Stop by and say hi. I would love to have you visit. Country Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Pink Saturday!


    These gum paste roses are fabulous!


    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the gum paste rose - really pretty! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely gifts ! And your gumpaste roses are very realistic!!

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    Big Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your gum paste roses are so neat. They look life like.

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely flowers! i really like the gum based flowers.. just lovely! happy PS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good Morning Vera! Gum paste roses? Oh, I'd LOVE to try to make those too! They really are beautiful!! Happy Pink Saturday, and hope you're enjoying a wonderful weekend! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, sugar, for visiting my blog and for leaving a comment! Squeeeeeeal, those are darling little munchkins. Aren't grandkids fun?! I'd love to learn how to make those roses. Do you have instructions? What is gum paste? Truly, let me know.......
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all of your presents. They are each very special. And, your flowers look fantastic.

    Happy Pink Saturday, Vera.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The embroidery of the heart vine is lovely and the cupcakes are too cute :-)Your friends sure make pretty things.

    With you making these flowers - maybe the next thing is decorating cakes!

    Belated Happy PS!

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your pink post...I am late at getting to see everyone's pink ....have a blessed week and stop by my blog and say hey!
    Kandy

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am a little late in commenting, but I wanted to say how lovely that little stitchery is that your friend made you! I absolutely love the little tin frame!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful post full of all shades of pink, gum paste roses are darling, you are ever so creative.

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Your comment is greatly appreciated and I love hearing from you~