Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What's on the machine Wednesday

It's "What's on the machine Wednesday here at

"Seam to Sew and Quilt"

Isn't this the cutest little customer made cowboy/cowgirl quilt? Love the fabric, the way they are all standing like they have attitudes.

And a close up, I like the way she used the chenille in the blocks too. I thought I would throw one that I made in here too. As you know I love scrap quilts and I don't think you can get any scrappier than this one. I really like making this pattern, no thinking to it, just pick up a scrap and sew it to a foundation, no matching up seams or anything. Really fast, easy and fun. I have another small one with the blocks all done, maybe today I can sew them together and quilt it this weekend. It's like this one but just a little different.
Here is the back of it, sorry for the poor quality of the picture. I couldn't get this picture to turn the right way on here either. It's straight in my folder but when I put it here it's turned side ways. Oh well turn you head when you look at it...LOL.
I need to take a photography class.

Off to quilt the cowboy/girl quilt now. Thanks for stopping by.







10 comments:

  1. I love working with chenille! I just finished that yellow butterfly quilt that had chenille in it! I love the color she found to go with the cowboys and cowgirls!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw that cowboy fabric used in a quilt at the show last week. Think there is picture of it in fact. Thought it was so cute and this quilt with the chenille is really cute!

    Love your string quilt as well. You know I like scrappy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilts! good to see ya again, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are adorable....love the one you made...very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vera, the quilts are so lovely. I am always in awe of talent! The cowboy quilt is too adorable!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours work well for the cowboy/cowgirl quilt,
    And a ray of sunshine colours used in this scrap quilt, wonderful work,

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilting is beautiful and I love scrap quilts too. The cowboy quilt is just adorable. I am enjoying your blog so much and I am now a follower too of yours. I look forward to getting to know you.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything you do !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great scrappy quilt. I need to get the confidence to start doing that with my stash cause I have a lot of small pieces perfect for scrappy. The cowboy/cowgirl quilt is real cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Your comment is greatly appreciated and I love hearing from you~