Thursday, July 2, 2009

thimbleberry and a batik drunkards path

I thought by now everyone would be done with this Thimbleberry quilt but they are still rolling in here. This one she did the borders a little bit different than everyone else. She said she didn't care for then the other way, anyway it turned out really nice and she did a good job on it. It's the heaviest quilt ever since she has minkie for the back. I had never done one this big with minkie but it all worked out just fine. She loves it.

This is one of my favorites. Love the look of the batiks done in the drunkards path and all of her colors flow so nicely together.
Well the cement curbing is all done and looks nice. I will try to get some pictures of it this weekend. The grass is starting to get greener after the gardeners sprayed chemicals on it to kill the nut grass but mostly what is there now..... is still the nut grass still.... the gardener said yesterday that I am watering it to much and that is what is making the nut grass grow.. have you ever heard of such a crazy thing..... so he says water every other day, if I did that everything would die in this heat 100 to 108 her in the past week.... we will just have to wait and see what happens with it. Any ideas on how to get rid of nut grass???????
Off to the quilting room now, have a good day.

7 comments:

  1. Those quilts are just wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of nut grass. The quilt in the bottom photo I just saw at my local quilt shop, very nice quilt. I like the other one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vera, again, great quilts. You get the best to add your talents to. We have nut grass here in TX. Can't pull it, can't dig it up. The only thing I've ever seen work is Bermuda grass, which chokes the nut grass (and everything else) out. Good luck. Pulling it is a pain! Lane

    ReplyDelete
  4. BOth lovely quilts. I like them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilts, Vera. The batik is really an eyecatcher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilts. Thanks for the reminder that some places are even warmer than we've been. Actually this past week has been fairly decent for SE Kansas in June.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely quilts! I'm keen on trying out some batik...which is how I stumbled over your blog.

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Your comment is greatly appreciated and I love hearing from you~