Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Scrap Quilt and a Carpenters Wheel


Ok here is my quilt that I was talking about the other day. I should have gotten a better picture of it but anyway you can see what I'm working on. I guess I made this one about a year ago and it's been in the closet waiting to be quilted. I just did an all over meander/stipple on it. These are really fun and easy quilts to make. This one is 86x86 kind of a strange size and I'm not sure yet what I will do with it. It goes with nothing in my house.
You almost need sun glasses to look at it. LOL..

I love this one, it's one of my favorites and again it's one that has been in the closet for a good while, probably 2 years. Anyway hopefully some time this week I can load it up and quilt it. I'm thinking about trying a new panto pattern on it, can't remember the name of it right now.
Hot hot hot here today. It's suppose to be 103. I wanted to plant some flowers we bought the other day but I think I will have to wait till this evening, maybe it won't be as hot by then.
Thanks for visiting, have a good day!

9 comments:

  1. Your carpenters wheel. That is one of those made with HST's isn't it? I have wanted to make one but haven't yet. Yours is nice. I like the bright colored one your placement of colors is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both quilts...especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both quilts are really nice but I sure admire your Carpenter's Wheel. It's not as easy pattern for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Vera. Love the bright cheery colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered what happened to your string top, now we know, you were letting it age. What size blocks did you do the carpenters sq top with? I just did one with 12 1/2 and it was large enough that we didn't add a border, I love your border! cw

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bright colors are my kind of quilt. Love both quilts. Someday, I would like to do a carpenter's wheel. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Nice ,I love that carpenters wheel I use that pattern for a lot of my charity quilts .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the first quilt! Sam xoxox

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Your comment is greatly appreciated and I love hearing from you~