Tuesday, July 21, 2009

More monsters and Rylee and Rett

The kids were here on Sunday. We finished making the cookie monster cupcakes. Here are the ones I made. These are so fun and easy to make and so darn cute. Rett isn't really into cooking to much, he will start off helping and last about 2 minutes then he's off to play with his toys.


I showed Rylee one time how to use the pastry bag and she was on a roll. She learns and picks up stuff so fast. She really did a good job for being 6 years old and her first time using a pastry bag. She is just like a little pro at it.


Here she is with the cookie monsters she made, aren't they cute and so is she, she is such a little doll.



Do you know what your suppose to do with the icing that's left over in the pastry bag?


THIS


l


l


l


l


l


l


l


l


V


They thought this was the most fun thing to do with it. So....... me being the grandma I had to do it.



After we made cupcakes Rylee wanted to learn to sew and of course she picked that up really quick too. She loves sewing. I cut the squares and did the ironing but she did all the rest by herself, she tries to be so even with her stitches and sews so slow. I think she will get faster as she goes along. She's going to sew a little bit each times she's here until she gets the size of quilt she wants.


This is what she has done so far.



Rett being a boy, finding little berries in the yard wanting to know what they are. He's a little cutie too.


The other day I forgot to post this one of Tyler playing with his transformer and the pin on ceremony. He loves his transformers.
Off to quilting now... thanks for stopping by.


5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your post today....thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun and what cute kids! Grandchildren are indeed a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a really fun time. The cupcakes look so good, I love sweets, can you tell?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're adoreable kids. Rylee did an amazing job on the cupcakes and the blocks! Wow! Looks like she was born to quilt. Rett's a sweetie too.. you just want to pinch those cheeks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cupcakes! I'm glad you are teaching her to sew so young. I'm hoping my little guy will be bitten by the bug (now that he has a prize winning quilt under his belt!) and continue throughout his lifetime.

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Your comment is greatly appreciated and I love hearing from you~