Friday, May 29, 2009

Pink Saturday 5/29/2009

Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Birthday Pink Saturday.

Today is the first birthday for Pink Saturday. Thank you Beverly for hosting this for us. Go on over to "How Sweet the Sound" to visit the other pink Saturday participants

Today I would like to share this pretty little chest I picked up at Ross. I saw it and had to have it. Love the roses of course and inside it's lined with burgundy felt. I guess I should have take a picture of the inside too. Oh well that gives you something to imagine. I bet you can guess what I'm storing inside of it.... Fabric of course.



Sorry, this picture is sideways, I can't get it to turn.




Here is my newest little pitcher with pink roses. Love it. I picked it up at the antique mall awhile back.



Customer quilt, it's paper pieced and pink, how wonderful is that. She did a really good job on it. She wanted just an all over meander/stipple on it with white thread. Looks really pretty and she was very happy with it.


I finished my first Shabby Rose block and stared on my second and my third is in the waiting still. Hopefully soon I can get to working on them more. They are fun and it's relaxing to just set and hand sew. You can go here to visit Jenny, the creator of this adorable pattern. Thank you Jenny for sharing.

I had to post this new picture of Tyler with his new hair cut. He likes it spiked up in the front like his daddy's. He is so cute, I can't believe he is almost 3 already, well in August he will be.
Thanks for stopping by and you all have a wonderful weekend.

20 comments:

  1. That chest is a beautiful ,you find the greatest things .Tyler is so handsome with his new hair cut ,grandchildren are such a treasure .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Shabby Rose block is terrific. I just love the chest, that really was a good find. Little Tyler is such a little man. What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am lovin' all the eye candy this morning, and your little Tyler is quite the handsome young man. Thanks for sharing your pretties with us! Have a great weekend.
    be blessed,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love love love all your gorgeous pinks and your quilt is BEAUTIFUL!!! Great job!
    Have a super weekend!
    ♥ Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pink post and pics!
    ~*Happy Pink Saturday*~

    ReplyDelete
  6. great pink stuff, thanks for visiting, happy to be here

    ReplyDelete
  7. With our little PINK SATURDAY having a birthday this week, I am on "pink overload" and that is difficult to do to me! I'm lovin' it like crazy!

    What lovely pinks this week you have, my dear. The better to see your through my rose colored glasses!☺

    Have a great weekend. Not all that warm up in my neck of the woods but the sun is out and that makes the day good. I hope you are surrounded by those you love and that you, too, are bathed in sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow.. that is one pretty chest! love the roses of course and the pitcher is lovely too! happy pink saturday & have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vera that chest is precious and the pitcher--WOW. You have really had the best buys this time. What are you going to do with Tyler? He is growing way too fast--they are so cute when they are this age. His haircut is really cute on him, makes him big like Dad. 8>) You take care of your family but most important, take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the chest! Tyler's hair cut i cute! Happy Pink Saturday ~ I hope you have a great weekend ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. The chest is lovely and I love that quilt block - I'd love to work on that. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I first have to say that your blog it self is very pretty...I'll have to do a face lift on mine:) The chest is absolutly gorgious!
    Very nice pics. Thanks for stopping by;Your son Tyler is too cute, he reminds me of my grand son, same age too.
    Happy Pink Saturday
    Tracy (Graciegirl)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That chest is beautiful! What a find, indeed. And you have plenty of lovely pink shared :-)

    Happy PS!

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's all good, but I have to say that if I saw that chest, I would have wanted it, gorgeous, happy pink saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  15. I sure do love your pink Saturday posts - they always make me smile and ooh and aah.
    Erin - Vesuviusmama @ myquiltblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pinks! Love that little pitcher, but must say Mr. Tyler is my fav pic today!!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the pitcher and the quilt.. Tyler is a little cutie too!! Happy Pink Saturday, and hope you're having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That chest is absolutely lovely! Wouldn't a girl grandbaby look nice sitting on it :0) Tyler's a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Pink Saturday! Thank you for your warm welcome and sweet compliment! I really enjoyed looking at your photos! That chest is dreamy and the quit is so pretty!

    Thank you for sharing!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Pink Saturday, Vera. Thank you for always making Saturday special.

    Your little fellow is adorable. And, I love the Shabby Rose block. It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Your comment is greatly appreciated and I love hearing from you~