Monday, May 4, 2009

Looking out my back door and a coyote


This is the view from my back door. We had wonderful weather this weekend. For the past few weeks I kept hearing this really strange noise every night. It kind of sounded like something between a wild cat and a sick dog or something. So I was talking to the neighbor and she asked if I have seen or heard the coyote? I had heard it but didn't know what it was. Saturday while working in the yard sure enough there he was chasing the ducks. Now I don't know anything about coyote's but I thought they only came out at night, well not this one he was all over the golf course all day. It kind of cool watching him out there but last night he woke me up several times howling and making those weird noises he makes, it sounded like he was right out side my window. Oh Betty, do you ever see him on your side of the course? One good thing about it is the skunks are gone for now, makes me wonder if he didn't get them. I still haven't been over to the quilt shop to pick up pink fabric to finish my rose quilt but I am headed there today when I run other errands. Hope you all have a wonderful productive day.
~~Hugs~~

4 comments:

  1. The coyotes are bad this year I live in a large city and we have had them right on the street .One person took a picture of one sleeping on her front porch .I think I would have a fit if I seen one that close to my house .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope he keeps his distance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have coyotes living in a treeline on the side of the field behind our house. We've seen them out quite often during the day but not if the horses are out. Lots of people around here have lost cats to them :0( Our neighbour 2 houses down chased one out of his yard one morning. They're very eery sounding aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh are coyote's tame...
    we have something in the roof of our house... it sounds like a million horses running around ......maybe 1 large rat

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Your comment is greatly appreciated and I love hearing from you~