Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Pink Saturday



My first share is a cute little key chain card holder. I ran across this blog and she had a tutorial for them so of course I had to make one. So fun and so easy to make and you know I had to make mine Pink. What nice little gifts these would make and put a gas card inside or a gift card or cash or even just a little card or note that says I love you.


I made mine a little different than she did. I added some felt fun stuff and beads. Also I used a snap where she used Velcro. My first time attaching a snap, I was proud of myself. I was always afraid to apply a snap, thought I would mess up my project I guess... but it turned out perfect.


The snap, it was a snap..... ha ha too easy to do.
This is a BOM from here if you would like to join in on the fun of making these blocks. She also has a shabby rose BOM that I just now got started on so maybe I will have one done next week to show. Yep.... it's pink too.







Oh I almost forgot about this one. This picture is not very good, terrible lighting I guess.



There is a tutorial for this cute little needle keeper over here. Again easy and fun to make and yes I got to practice my snap again, love it. Snap snap snap!




Anyway here is the inside of it. Kind of wish I would have used pink felt but that's ok.... sure I will make another one soon.

and all closed up with a snap.... can you tell I now love snaps?



Thank you so much for visiting and remember don't forget to go over to


and say hi to Beverly, our wonderful host of Pink Saturday.




I'm not sure if I will be here next Saturday or not, Hubby is having a full knee replacement on Tuesday so I will be pretty busy taking care of him and playing catch up on my customer quilts. My machine has been in MO for repairs for the past 3 weeks. I get it back today. I have missed it so much but have gotten a lot of stuff done that I wanted to do but also felt guilty at the same time since I have customer quilts waiting. There really was nothing I could do about it but wait for it to get back to me. All of my customers have been very understanding about the whole thing so that made it easier. So if you don't see or hear from me for a few weeks you will know I am taking care of my hubby and catching up on customer quilts. I will do my best to try and post and read some blogs but I can't promise.

Please think good thoughts for Hubby's surgery.

Thanks

Have a wonderful weekend.

Saying for today.
"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be"






16 comments:

  1. I am so thankful you shared the precious card holder. We were looking for something other than disposable containers for gift cards at Christmas. Excellent! Happy PS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your keychain. Sending prayers for your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pink creations!!! They are adorable!!! I too will be sending up prayers for you husband!
    Happy Pink Saturday!!
    ♥ Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are beautiful! I also love your keychain and needle case.

    Praying your husband does well with his knee replacement and mends quickly.
    be blessed,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. What clever things, and sweet and wonderful too! Sending positive uplifting and healing thoughts to your husband, and strengthening ones to you. I'm adding your link to my blogroll - will you add mine too, please? Happy Pink Saturday and Mother's Day to us, one and all!

    xJ
    MaidenShade.wordpress.com
    MaidenShade.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Pink Saturday and Have a great Mother's Day ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really neat things Vera! I love the little needle holder. I just might make one! Happy Mother's Day! I will be keeping your husband in my prayers. Hugs, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a l♥vely post for Pink Saturday. This is the one day of the week when I get to visit some of the best blogs in cyberspace and indulge my passion for pink.

    Happy Mother's Day. I wish you all the peace and joy that a day in celebration of motherhood can bring. You don't have to grow a baby in your womb to be a mother...all you have to do is to l♥ve a human being with compassion and tenderness.

    You are SO talented ☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have really enjoyed visiting your blog, so many beautiful things. Happy Pink Saturday and have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. Hope all go well for your hubby!
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh, that needle keeper is to die for! Good luck to your hubby, I had a partial 6 years ago. Beter now than before as the other knee can attest to! Happy PS and Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your pink things! Thank you for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love online tutorials and your project is perfect in it's pinkness, Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Mothers Day too, Char

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! I love all of your sewing projects. I am going to check out those tutorials too! I love the applique with the little bird!
    I'm too late to wish you a happy pink Saturday so I just wish you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vera, I love everything you posted about today! I think I'll be trying the keychain/card holder and the needle holder - what great gift ideas!!! Best of luck to you in these upcoming busy, busy weeks. Here's hoping that everything goes smoothly with hubby's surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pinks are darling. Oh, my... you are talented. That keychain is wonderful! I hope your husband has a speedy recovery, and feels better than he has in a long time. Most people that I know who have had it done are so glad that they did.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this idea of Pink Saturday. I like all this type of stuff. I just started posting some of my things on: http://mycharmingcreations.blogspot.com
    Hope you get a chance to take a peak.
    Best of luck to your husband.

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Your comment is greatly appreciated and I love hearing from you~