Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy Pink Saturday


Gosh I can't believe how fast the days are going by right now. At one time it seems like I'm getting a lot done and then at other times it seems like I haven't done much.

I have a few pinks to show you this week but also don't forget to go on over to "How Sweet the Sound" and visit Beverly, our dear host of Pink Saturday and also there you will find the other Pink Saturday links.


First of all I wish that you all have a wonderful weekend and love what you are doing at this time.

This first picture is a quilt I am working on for my pink room. I love the roses... each corner has a yellow rose in the block. You can barely see it in this picture. I still need to go purchase more of the pink for the outer border. I have green for a small inner border. Hopefully early in the week I can get the fabric to get it finished. Don't you just love PINK?




One of my favorite pink pin cushions I made. I picked up the little doily at the local antique shop and thought it would look cute on a pin cushion, what do you think?






I made these cute little pink coasters last night. I had the fabric cut for them and setting there waiting for a few weeks and finally sewed them. They only take like 5 minutes to make.










Ok so these aren't really pink but I love them and had to show you. Fuchsia flowers are one of my favorites.



~~QUOTE FOR THE DAY~~
Look backward with gratitude and forward with confidence.
Thank you so much for stopping by.
Have a wonderful weekend.
~~Hugs~~

19 comments:

  1. I adore your pink rose quilt, that is going to be beautiful, love the pincushions as always, and your coasters are so pretty!! (do you know, I tried some coasters not too long ago, must have been an off day because they were all different sizes and just wrong!!) could have been the insulbrite inside messing me up, but yours are sooooo pretty!!!!
    Have a Pretty in Pink Saturday!!
    ♥ Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky that you have a whole room devoted to the color! My hubby would never go for it:) Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Vera!
    I love all your pinks, but I absolutely love what you did to your pin cushion. I LOVE doilies, so that just made it perfect! I would have not thought of that. Your coasters are pretty too. I have made lots of those, and like you said, they are fast and simple. Some, I have made with batting, and others I have made without batting. They work either way.
    Thanks for sharing, and have a wonderful weekend.
    Be blessed,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Pink Saturday! I love the pink rose quilt!!! and the pincushion is darling, I also love fuschias!! have a great wknd,Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Pink Saturday... I am a quilter also. I love the pincushion and the coasters! Really cute!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is really nice and I think the pin cushion is sweet. I love the old doilies, no one makes things like that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post for this l♥vely Pink Saturday. This is one morning of the week that I sit back, stroll from blog to blog and indulge myself surrounded by my favorite color.

    I wish you a blessed weekend filled with sunshine and surrounded by those you l♥ve.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work is always so pretty, lots of pinks and just beautiful, Happy PInk Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  9. Got to make a pin cushion like that it's adorable .

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've certainly been busy. Everything looks beautiful. I love a good fuchsia in the summer too. Have a great weekend and hugs to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That quilt is lovely - just beautiful! I love how you've set the flower squares. Also love the pincushion. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt is beautiful! Pink and green are such a wonderful combo especially when roses are the main theme. Cute pincushion, happy PS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quilt and the coasters are so sweet. Happy Pink Saturday.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello and Happy Pink Saturday! Thank you so much for stopping by. Love your pink post! I love all the pretty things that you make!
    Bless you, Shirl
    Shirls Rose Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh... LOVE, LOVE, LOVE EVERYTHING on this post!!.. the quilt, the pincushion.. ALL OF IT!! Happy Pink Saturday, and hope you're having a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All your items are just beautiful. But that quilt is gorgeous. Have a wonderful PINK day..Julie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your colorful Pink Saturday photos. The quilt is lovely - but, I really LOVE the little pin cushion. I have seen those little coasters several times...do they really take only 5 minutes to make? I love your pretty pages! Pink Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute is that pincushion...its so sweet..hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Your comment is greatly appreciated and I love hearing from you~