Friday, May 1, 2009

Donut and two small quilts

Friday already, hope you all had a wonderful week.


Seems like I didn't get a whole lot done this week and the week flew by pretty fast. This first little quilt was a kit from Connecting Threads. As you can see it's a quick and easy beginner kind of a quilt but it was fun to make. I still need to quilt it. The second little quilt I made from the HST that I cut off from the squares of the first quilt. I just made little pinwheels out of them and the other squares are from the left over fabric from the backing of the first one. I love it when I have left overs to make little stuff with.







Don't you just love donuts? Especially the ones like this that have no sugar or calories. It's just all good stuff for you. Loved making this one. It's made using felt wool and seed beads for the sprinkles on top.... gotta have sprinkles on a donut, you know..... There sure are a lot of pin cushions out there in blog land now. I wish I could find tutorials for some of them.


Don't forget to check back tomorrow for Pink Saturday. I will be posting a pink pin cushion I made and a pink quilt I'm working on.


Thank you for stopping by, for using some of your time to spend on my blog. You are very appreciated.


Have a wonderful day.

Oh I forgot I wanted to share these 2 pictures my daughter sent to me. Aren't they just too cute and how creative someone is to do this.





8 comments:

  1. Vera, I'm glad I found you again. It is great to see you having time to work on your own projects, too. And those puppies/flowers are ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are so cute! Love your little quilts! That is one of the things I really like about Connecting Threads kits - there is always enough fabric left over to do something else with... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt, table runner and especially the flowers. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I LOVE those flowers like that! Your quilts are beautiful..and I love the donut. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love you little quilts and those flower puppies are adorable .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another pincushion! If you do find tutorials, please share. I have lots of felt I picked up at rummage sales just waiting to be transformed into what else? pin cushions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those puppy mums are great! Wish I had talent and imagination like that. I thought your pincushion was a real donut.. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Vera, I'm very sorry you didn't know that I had a blog. I have been keeping up with you and all your nice work, I finally decided that I better sign up to 'Follow' you. I love reading your blog just like I did the old one, and naturally all the eye candy you have. Catch you later, Molly

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Your comment is greatly appreciated and I love hearing from you~