Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pin cushions and cupcakes

I made another pin cushion. The little cupcake one is the newest one. I think maybe I should add a few more beads to it, what do you think? I like lots of sprinkles on my cupcakes.
These are fun to make but it's hard to find little lids to use.
I started a new quilt yesterday, got the blocks all sewn together and now today I will sew the rows and look for fabric for the borders. It's pink so maybe I will post in for Pink Saturday this week even though it isn't finished.
It wasn't easy making these cupcakes yesterday. It was 97 here, 20 degrees above normal. My icing was not doing well. I kept having to put it in the fridge then frost a few more and put it back in again. So anyway today is my moms birthday so I made her cupcakes and as long as I was making I made some for hubby to take to the office. In all I made 4 dozen cupcakes. These are just a few of the 4 dozen.
Thank you for stopping by.
~~Hugs~~


9 comments:

  1. First I like the pin cushions, they are cute but ohhh the real cupcakes, yummmie. And you decorated them so nice.Just right for spring time. 90? wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a tutorial out there on those pincushions? They are awesome...love the cupcakes also, look soooooooooooooooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cupcake pincushion almost looks as yummy as the real cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cupcakes look amazing,wow what a talented lady .. Love the pincushions too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cupcakes!....now pass me one of the real ones...I'm hungry!
    be blessed,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love the pincushions, and the pretty flower cupcakes look yummy delicious, beautiful decorating job too. cute cute cute!!! (Almost 90 here today too...love it!)
    ♥ Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cupcakes - both the baked ones and the sewn ones - look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your cup cake pincushions!!! How cute! And the real ones must be so tasty!

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Your comment is greatly appreciated and I love hearing from you~