Monday, February 23, 2009

Quilts and a long time friend


I can't believe after all these years I found a good friend, Glenda, from 7th grade that I had been looking for for so long. After she moved away, we kept in contact by mail for a few years then I think I moved and we lost contact. After playing around on face book I found her. She was just as excited as I was. She had been looking for me too. With both of us having different last names now made the search a little hard. Anyway after finding her we chatted on line for a while then figured it would be easier on the phone so she called and we talked for a good hour and a half catching up on the lost years. Boy how things change and families grow. It was a good chat and now we both will be sure to keep up with each other. Hopefully we will be able to meet up some day.



Now on to the quilts, I just had to share that with you. It was pretty exciting and I still can't believe I am talking to her after all these years.


I had more pictures to upload but it was taking forever, not sure if it's blogger or my isp. So you you just get these this morning. The first one is so cute. A lot of the ladies are making this one, the LQS is having a class on it. Too too cute.


This is my favorite block but I love the whole quilt and Jeanette you did good on it.


This little duck quilt is adorable. It's going to make some little baby happy and warm. There is just something about little duck quilts that I love. I will have to post the one I made years ago and got first place for at the San Benito County Fair.


1 comment:

  1. I looooovvvvveee the chicken quilt. My husband loves chickens. Both quilts are adorable.

    How did you find your friend, I have tried to find people but it is hard on facebook. So you did good and I was happy to hear your story.

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Your comment is greatly appreciated and I love hearing from you~