Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Customer quilts and one of mine.

This first one was made by the owner of one of the LQS here in town. It's really pretty but hard to tell in the picture. Guess we will have to use our imagination on this one. The customer that brought this quilt is finishing it up for a friend that is very sick and probably won't live much longer. The friends grandmother made it for her a long time ago and passed away before she could finish it. The customer wanted to get it all done before her friend passes on. Hopefully she will be able to enjoy it longer than they all think.

This pink one is one I made. Just kind of scrappy pinks and rose fabric I had. I added some lace over some of the blocks and some little peepers here and there. I used minkie for the backing. Love the way it feels and it washed up really nice.


Time now to get back to quilting. I need to stay caught up and on top of things. We are going to Florida soon so I don't want to get behind on quilting.
Thanks for stopping by.
~~HUGS~~
Vera





3 comments:

  1. Lovely quilts all three of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how pretty are those quilts ...especially the 1st picture
    and love the machine quilting
    thanks for sharing
    jeni
    also that's for visiting my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the pink quilts, both of them. I hope her friend gets to enjoy that quilt too. The little girls with parasols are wonderful. I have one of those to put together somewhere in my UFO's. This might just inspire me to get it done! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Your comment is greatly appreciated and I love hearing from you~