Monday, December 15, 2008

Red quilt

This red quilt I made for my daughter and her husband for Christmas. It's an easy quilt to make. It's from the Happy Hour book and it's called snap shot. I collected some red fabrics for awhile and then added the ones I already had on hand. I love making scrappy looking quilts. I quilted a panto pattern on it called Mimosa. Hopefully you can see it in the close up picture. These two pictures didn't turn out very well so I showed both of them. This is one of those quilts that when you are all finished with it you hate to let it go. lol .. oh wait all of my quilts are that way. It really is hard to give them away but I know I can't keep all of them. I know also that my daughter loves every quilt I make for her and she takes good care of them.





Mary from OZ, your pattern was mailed today. Let me know when it arrives or if you have any questions about it.
Time to go get some around the house stuff done.
Have a great night.


9 comments:

  1. I LOVE your red quilt Vera....wish I was your daughter :)
    Your customer quilts are wonderful...you do a nice job on the quilting.....
    I'm going to bookmark your page so I can come back and visit again.
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors, I am sure they will love it. someday I will finish mine in browns and pinks.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilt! It would indeed be hard to part with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow that is striking ,your daughter will love it .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I came for a visit , your quilts are beautiful.
    Clare's Craftroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I can't imagine how many hours of work, and I'm so glad it's going to someone who will appreciate every stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was nice to have you pop by my blog...
    Your quilts look beautiful.
    Quilters amaze me as you all must possess such amazing patience!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh P.s if you want to have a peek at some of my sisters quilts,she too is very talented quilter and pattern maker..
    Check older post titled "tour"it is of her house but lots of quikts on there too,You may like to peek at

    ReplyDelete
  9. This quilt is beautiful! That is such a simple pattern but makes up very striking...Lovely. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Your comment is greatly appreciated and I love hearing from you~