Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My friend is a cupcake klutz !

A fun Cupcake Day.

The other day my very good friend Helen came over, we shared cupcake secrets and made lots of cupcakes. For 5 hours straight we made cupcakes. She is teaching me how to make flowers with meringue icing, too much fun but I do need lots more practice. Here some of the frosted cupcakes she made. She was very proud of them, put them in her little cupcake taker, put the lid on, headed out to load them in her car. With her arms full trying to carry to much at one time she accidentally tipped the cupcake carries and all the cupcake rolled out of their little spots. Oh I felt so bad for her, she just couldn't believe she had done that.

I told her when she gets home just scrape all the icing off put it in a bag and re frost them so that's what she did and look at them they still look as yummy as the did before the crash. So now around here she is known as the Cupcake Klutz
All in all we had a good time and learned a little from each other.
Thanks Helen, it was fun.
Before the crash


After the crash

After the repair


These are Helen's flowers that she made is class. They are all beautiful.

These are mine. I do need more practice but I think I did pretty good for this being my first time.



5 comments:

  1. wow I think your very clever
    and they look to pretty to eat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cupcake post. They looked awesome, even after the crash! Of course, they wouldn't last long in our house. My husband, the girls and I would eat them all up. I also think your flowers are fabulous. I have a wilton cake decorating kit/case that I haven't used yet. I should get into it and practice decorating like you and your friend. hugs, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've done very well . I did really feel for your friend , poor thing .
    Clare's Craftroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are getting so good at your cake decorating. My DIL does cakes and she's getting very good at it too. She thinks it's really fun. I was never interested in it because I thought after all that work of decorating and taking so much time to do it, it's gone in just a few minutes!!! I can't stand that. I'll just stick to quilts and crafts and you can send me some of your cakes and cupcakes....

    Sorry to hear about the broken toe, I've had a couple of broken toes and man they hurt. Not much the doctor can do about them either. I just had to tape my toe to the other toes and the other time, I didn't do anything. I feel for him. Hey, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and get to spend some quality time with your family. Do you get to see Tyler for Christmas? Anyway, happy holidays. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those little flowers are truly amazing! Don't think I could eat it ... and the cupcakes are works of art!

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Your comment is greatly appreciated and I love hearing from you~