Thursday, December 4, 2008

Making bread dough ornaments/Customer quilts

It's been a really busy week around here. Yesterday I picked up my little granddaughter, Rylee, from school, came back here and made bread dough ornaments. Boy did she love mixing that dough with her hands and then using the rolling pin and the cookie cutters. We got a lot of them done but she still needs to paint a few more next time she's here.



Here she is very proud of her ornaments.



I am so far behind in posting customer quilts. This one is really pretty, she used left over wine and grape fabric scraps. I quilted a panto called Mimosa on it. She loved it.


Here is the back of the quilt, you can see the pattern a little bit better here. I love this pattern. I did it on a red quilt that I made, I'll show later.

See you all Saturday for Pink Saturday.
Oh yeah today I found the prettiest tea pot while out shopping. Wonder if it will be here Saturday?

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I remember making those ornaments with my children when they were little! Only we didn't paint them. We added food coloring to the dough. And to make candy cane ones, we twisted some uncolored dough with some red dough.

    That stitch on the quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vera, she looks like she's having so much fun...I've never done these ornaments. Is the dough easy to work with? Do you have a recipe? She's so cute....

    Isn't it great to use leftovers to make something as beautiful as a quilt? Lovely work...Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Your comment is greatly appreciated and I love hearing from you~